Our secret recipe for the ultimate bedtime drink, a soothing milk to promote restful sleep...
This soothing dairy-free rose milk is a perfect lullaby tonic. Oat milk contains tryptophan – a sleep supporting amino acid and they’ve got a bit of protein in them which can keep you feeling full and prevent any after dinner snacking. Simply blend the milk together with calming rose water and a little pinch of warming spices for a dreamy bedtime drink.
What you need
- 1 dessert spoon of natural rose water (I love Marigold brand)
- 150ml oat milk (I love Oatly Barista brand for ultimate froth)
- 1 cardamom pod or ¼ teaspoon of pre-ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- Electric milk frother, or saucepan
How to make
- Crush your spices together until quite fine, or mix together your pre ground versions
- Add oat milk, blended spices and rose water to your frother and blend until hot and frothy. If you are using a saucepan – add the oat milk, rose water and spices all together and heat over a low heat while stirring. Serve once heated and bubbly.
- Pour into your mug and sprinkle a little extra nutmeg on top
Cinnamon is naturally sweet, but if you need a bit more sweetness, add a ¼ teaspoon of maple syrup, agave or stevia to taste. You can also add little more cardamom and nutmeg if you like more spice.